Looking for pet-friendly hiking trails for your four-legged family members? Well, you’re in the right place. Chimney Rock welcomes leashed pets in all the Park's outdoor areas, as long as you clean up behind them. Heck, we'll even supply the bags! However, pets are not allowed on the elevator since it opens into a food service area (NC state health law). Service animals are excepted.
Our pet-friendly hiking trails include:
- Great Woodland Adventure Fun for pets and the kids (kids-at-heart, too)! With 12 interactive Discovery Stations along the way, you’ll learn about some of the animals that call Chimney Rock home.
- Four Seasons trail This trail will give your pet some great exercise with a vertical climb of more than 400 feet in just over a half mile.
- Hickory Nut Falls trail Your and your pet’s reward at the end of the 3/4-mile trail is the cool mist of 404-foot-tall Hickory Nut Falls, the second highest waterfall of its kind east of the Mississippi.
- Skyline trail Climbing 200 feet in elevation up to the Park’s highest peak, Exclamation Point at 2,480 feet, the Skyline trail and its jaw-dropping views just might make you and your furry friend howl with delight.
- Outcroppings Your alternate route to the elevator and the only route for your furry friends, the Outcroppings trail climbs 26 stories up to the Chimney's boardwalk level (about a 25-minute hike for the average physically-fit adult). Here you and your pet can drool over the 75-mile panoramic views overlooking Lake Lure.
Our Old Rock Café restaurant has a pet-friendly area as well. Enjoy a yummy meal on the back deck overlooking the Rocky Broad River and Chimney Rock Mountain. Check out pet-friendly accommodations close to Chimney Rock.
If you want to stay in the loop on all the fun and special events at Chimney Rock, sign up for our eNewsletter.